I sit at a desk all day.
And when I say all day, I am talking almost all of my waking hours… at least 12 hours a day.
Sitting this much is not good for our health. AND not good for our weight!
But so many of us do it! So many of us these days have desk jobs that we sit at for 8 or more hours a day, and then on top of that, gamers sit at our desks when we’re home too. Or on the couch, or in our oh-so-comfy chairs…
Sitting is bad for our posture, bad for our flexibility, bad for our metabolism, and it makes it so hard to not gain weight! Let alone lose weight!
This sitting routine forces us to spend our precious free time doing something to be active to compensate.
And honestly, at the end of the day, I just don’t feel up to it! After working all day, shopping and running errands, doing other daily necessities, I’m tired and the last thing that I want to do is take time out of my evening to go some cardio or something. I want to sit (more!), “relax”, play games and tune out until bed time.
The Solution – I got a DeskCycle.
It’s more expensive than most other cycles on Amazon, but this is why:
- It’s the lowest height than others so fits under your desk better
- It’s magnetic so it’s silent on every difficulty. And it gets hard! (Other cycles using braking mechanisms for difficulty and so get squeaky and hot when used and wear out over time)
- It has 4 and a half stars out of 800+ reviews on Amazon which is better than the other cycles
Amazon offers assembly assistance but don’t buy it! It’s really easy to assemble and contains the only tool you need. I did it myself in under a half hour.
According to DeskCycles’ online calculator, I’m burning 225 calories per hour on it, and I don’t even notice I’m doing it!
I only just recently got it, so I’ll update later on if it assists me in losing extra weight, but I know so far what it’s done for me is:
- I can burn as many calories as I eat every day with just a few hours of cycling when usually I would have just been sitting!
- Prevents me from getting sleepy from sitting at my desk for countless hours
- Increases my energy and concentration – I’m not worn out at the end of the day like when I just sit all day!
- My legs get sore! So they’re building muscle. I’ve already moved up from resistance 3 to resistance 4 so it’s building up my leg muscles!
- My knees don’t ache all day anymore from sitting all day (I have knee problems)
- I am not spending ANY extra time to cycle like I would be on a traditional cycling machine, or walking on a treadmill, or any other exercise! I’m using it while I’m at my desk!
The DeskCycle is the best way to burn calories sitting at a desk all day. Period.
No more daytime sleepy-ness, no more exhaustion at the end of the day, and no more spending extra time outside of work and play to burn calories! Don’t wait to try it!
It’s my favorite thing now 🙂